Dundas Community Services (DCS) is located in the City of Hamilton formerly known as the Town of Dundas. The Town of Dundas was incorporated in 1847 and currently has a population of 24, 285 (census 2016). Much of the town sits in a valley and is bordered by the Niagara Escarpment and the municipalities of Ancaster, Flamborough and Hamilton.
Dundas Community Services was initiated as the Dundas Community Development Council in 1972 following a needs study conducted by the Greater Hamilton YMCA. The Association of Dundas Churches, who had called for the study, appointed the first officers of the new organization.